Friday, October 29, 2004

Old School...

Proving the old theory that you never really leave high school behind, I just found out that my Odessa High School Broncos have defeated their perennial rivals, the Permian Panthers. In the past 40+ years this has only happened twice, the last time back in 1997.

That's right, the "Friday Night Lights" Permian Panthers. I was only in grade school when 'the book'[as it's commonly referred] came out, so I only have vague memories of the events. I can say the book served as a mirror, and showed some things that the town didn't like. A couple of losing seasons helped people gain some perspective, and while perfect social justice in West Texas is far off [as it is everywhere] every little bit helps.

Odessa is still a football town though, complete with its own 19,000 seat stadium in the middle of nowhere. I still check in on occasion to see how the Broncos are doing, and my folks still go to a couple of games a year.

Some More Citizens of the Churn Nation:

clu.edu:
As far as I can tell, this is a link to California Lutheran University. Go Kingsmen!

Lockheed Martin:
I'm slightly chilled that someone is slacking off from designing some new missile system to look for pictures of the overstock.com girl.

The University of Wisconsin System:
Wisconsinin...Doo-doo-doo-doo-doo...Jeffrey Dahmer....

[this joke is way too inside. I'm sorry]

The Centers For Disease Control and Prevention:
They might not have any flu vaccine, but they do know my WWE Fantasy picks!

I'm just kidding of course. All members of Churn Nation are well-spoken, intelligent, desirable to the opposite sex, and have minty fresh breath. Recommend this site to others, that they may share in the joy of belonging to Churn Nation.

Take Care,

Mike G.

No comments: