Thursday, January 12, 2006

Live at 5...and 5:30, 6:00, 9:00, and 10:00

A kind of mixed bag today...we've got a general observation and a personal anecdote, and then you can get back to your families.

For the past few hours we've been inundated by the droning of helicopters. As near as I can figure out, there's been a very serious [read: camera-friendly] fire a few miles from Churn HQ, and every news chopper in town is there to record the scene.

I'm wondering when one of these stations will outfit their copter with a full complement of air-to-air missles and a 30mm automatic Boeing M230 Chain Gun.

"When we say exclusive coverage, we MEAN it!"

And now the anecdote.

I had decided today to try and replicate one of my mom's dishes, her famous [in our house, at least] mexican rice. I did call her for some advice, but it was a bit hard for her to break down the recipe into small steps. A lot of her cooking knowledge comes from experience, and it's hard to express that over the phone. I did add my own touches in sauteing some garlic and onions, and I may have added a bit too much Consomate [tomato and chicken bouillon cubes] but I think it wasn't half bad.

Courage,
Mike G.

No comments: