Wednesday, January 04, 2006

A Bit More Disclosure...

So I've been told I didn't have much of a conclusion to my recent tale. To be honest, there wasn't much of one.

After a school break, she just stopped showing up. There were one or two emails, but that stopped too. I took it in stride, mainly because I try and keep my expectations low.

I was speaking with raconteur and man about town Devin of the Swamp, where I accidentally dropped hints of another instance where I abandoned common sense.

Back in 2004, I blogged about my hidden life as a part of the odd duck known as fanfic. During that time, I veered away from the original porpose of that group until it turned into an early version of what you see now.

Anyways, the two-part story can be seen here and here.

Finally, in refernce to our conversation earlier today, here's a snippet from my blog on August 6, 2004:

The problem occurs when you forget that at the end of the day, it's a Superhero film. You can have all the character development and emotional resonance you want, if Superman doesn't blast Mongul with heat vision and punches him into orbit, I want a refund.

Case in point:Hulk.

Yes, the Hulk did some cool stuff, like throwing tanks and catching missles. But Ang Lee decides to prove that he's not just slumming, and decides to psychoanalyze these characters. I will grant that Hulk, with its use of comic-book style panels and editing looked closer to an actual comic that just about any other movie.


Courage,
Mike G.

No comments: