Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Tragedies Continued...

So when I last left you I was discussing my current mini-obsession with certain TV Commercial ladies. Today, we'll coclude with a story I like to call:

A Breath of Fresh [And Alluring] Air.

So, The Sharper Image, home of the Unecessary Household Item, has been offering an item called the Ionic Breeze. According to their site, it uses "electrostatic precipitators" to clean the air. Apparently, if the unit hits 88MPH, you run the risk of traveling through time as well. Not everyone is a fan, as Consumer Reports gave the product an unfavorable rating. This did not sit well with the Image folks, who sued the consumer group.

But that's not why you read this blog.

to tell the masses about this revolutionary way to clean the air, The Sharper Image ran an infomercial, and hired the oddly attractive Carolyn Hennesy to host. The name was not familiar to me, and I soon found out why.

Since I would rather be beaten with a sack of doorknobs than watch Dawson's Creek, I was unaware that Ms. Hennesy portrayed Mrs. Valentine for about 7 episodes. She was also "Congresswoman with Haircut" in Legally Blonde 2. Here's a pic of her, and some video clips form her movie Wave Babes can be found here. For reference's sake, she's the one on the right.

Take Care,

Mike G.

No comments: