Friday, July 29, 2005

A Sign, That's All I Ask....

I saw this first image in a post from that portal of joy known as
BoingBoing. The worst part is now that image will be stuck in my head for the rest of my days:




That's one of the many fine examples of odd signage available at swanksigns. Apparently, it urges that you make sure all items are safely in an elevator before operating.

I wasn't going to post this until I saw something on the way home from the movies. I went to see The Island, but I considered it research. I'm bracing myself for Michael Bay's treatment of The Transformers. Unless he plans the film to contain anything except CGI and explosions, [which might not be a bad thing] I'm not confident.

On the way home I passed by one of those car stereo places. I think the intent of the sign was to indicate that the work was done at the same location:
ALL WORK
DONE
ON PREMISE


I'm as big a fan of improv as the next guy, but I'd rather have my woofers installed without the workers pretending they were on the Titanic or in a horror movie.

Courage,
Mike G.

No comments: