Monday, July 21, 2003

Tonight? In this very ring?

Sorry for being away. Life had the audacity to intrude.

I kind of wish I wasn't writing this.

I should be watching WWF Raw right now. [It's my blog, so I'll use the F]. But I'm not. I'm still taping it, but it's a good chance that all I'll do is read a recap online.

I wasn't always like this. I've been a pro wrestling fan for almost 8 years. I could tell you all about the storylines, the heels and faces., the whole nine yards.

Then, it stopped being as fun as it once was. It's not like I matured beyond it. To me, it seemed like the writers were more concerned about everything else besides the writing. Plot twists would happen without any explanation, stories were dropped at a moment's notice. "Big Events" would be used to spike the ratings for one night instead of being a logical conclusion. Alsp,It looked like the same guys were getting pushed while those who payng their dues were ignored. This sucks because 1. When the product is good, it takes every good thing from TV, Movies and Sports and blends it together. And 2. It's now become something of a gig for me.

Once a month me and a few other guys gather together to review the latest PPV on the P1 Wild Ass Circus. Heard on Sportsradio 1310 The Ticket. I can still get fired up for the individual matches, but there's less and less of a cohesive thread tying it all together.

The most unfortunate thing is that lately, I'm watching not because I'm interested in what happens next, but that I'm morbidly curious as to how bad it can get before I quit watching entirely.

I'll post again sooner this time, provided something exciting happens to me.

MG

No comments: