Friday, September 23, 2005

A Chairshot Earns You 3 Points...

I'm speaking to a small segment of the Churn audience right now, but I'll get back to my regular hi-jinks soon.

This is an open invitation to all readers to join the P1 Wild Ass Circus in season 5 of WWE Fantasy. For those unaware, WWE Fantasy combines the number-crunching strategy of fantasy football with the crazy world of professional wrestling.

The game is fairly simple, and works like your standard salary cap game. Each week, you're given 30 million dollars with which to assemble a roster of WWE superstars from both RAW and Smackdown. They earn points based on their on-screen antics. For example, a TV appearance earns you 3 points, while participating in a match gets you 5. If your Superstar wins that match, they earn another 7 points.

The trick to successfully playing this game is to not only keep your roster balanced with wrestlers from both shows, but to also keep your eyes on the schedule. If there's a PPV during the week, it's a smart idea to load your roster with wrestlers due to appear on that show, since the point values are higher.

So, what's in it for me, you may be asking?

Well, not only will the overall point leader of Season 5 win a 2006 Royal Rumble trip, but weekly leaders will earn prizes too. As far as the P1WAC goes, the league leader will not only get bragging rights, but they will win this:

A genuine Kid's WWE Heavyweight Championship Belt, complete with velcro closures. We'll even make a custom label so you can personalize it.

I'm sure dozens of you are raring to sign up after a pitch like that. All you have to do is click here to sign up. Once you do, log in to your account and click on your team name. Then, click on the Create/Join League button. Type in WildAssCircus [make sure you type it like that] in the 'Find a League' box and hit enter, and then click Join.

When you join, please leave me a comment and tell me the name of your team. I run Churn Life, my fellow wrestling correspondent Brother Mike named his team after himself, and Season 5's winner Richard Hunter helms the Lance Stormtroopers.

Once the season is under way, I'll provide status reports from time to time.

I hope you'll consider my invitation.

Courage,
Mike G.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am Chairshots Galore for the record Mike G. Thanks.