Thursday, June 29, 2006

Legal Wranglings...

So I got this email a few hours ago...

To Whom It May Concern:

I work with Paramount Pictures and am contacting you to respectfully request that you remove the Transformers image that you have posted on your site - http://thesporq.blogspot.com/2006/06/pimp-my-bot.html

The footage is not authorized for release and we are currently reaching out to sites/blogs with the same request. Please let me know when this has been removed. Thank you in advance for your assistance – it is greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,

XXXX XXXX


____________________________

XXXX XXXX

Project Manager

New Media Strategies

Tel: (XXX) XXX-XXXX

XXX@newmediastrategies.net


The Xs have been added to ensure anonymity, even though I probably don't have to.

So, what should I do? I don't think there's any legal reason for me to delete this image, but I probably will just cause I don't want to get sued.

Not So Much Courage,
Mike G.

2 comments:

#murduac said...

holy crap

Weasel said...

Yes, it's a good idea to delete the image. I would hold onto to it though. After the movie's release, you can probably repost it.

Just my two cred chips. Take 'em or leave 'em.

--Weasel, Bumblebee's uber-fan.