Wednesday, August 31, 2005

The Cold Hard Math...

I wish I had something funnier to post, but after seeing this on Boing Boing, I thought it needed to be spread around.

About the first section; I think that in any emergency, you have to focus on saving as many people as you can. It may not be possible to save everyone. Did social standing or race played a part in New Orleans' evacuation plans? We'll probably never know for sure, but the question will last long after the waters recede.

As for the attributed email, I shudder to think of the devastation the relief workers are seeing first hand. I've seen images of rooftops on a brown background, and reports of levees failing. I'm trying to wrap my head around it, especially the fact that I'm less than 12 hours away, typing on my computer and enjoying a soda.

Small words, I'm sure.

Courage,
Mike G.

No comments: