Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Test Drive...

Folks,

Even though I blurt out my opinions in these pages almost daily, it's very rare when someone actually solicits them.

The fine folks from DiscHub asked me to say a few words about their product.

Full Disclosure:I am an owner of the previous version of the DiscHub.

The DiscHub is designed around a fairly simple concept. It's a way to keep your most-used discs readily available without the risk of scratches. It works with CD-ROMs and DVDs. With 11 slots, you can have two complete Simpsons seasons and the three-disc spanning Wrestlemania XX.





Here's a picture of a fully loaded DiscHub. Eagle-Eyed readers can pick out my DVD choices and chuckle accordingly. The discs are laid out in a staggered pattern, which allows you to see all of them easily.

Removing a disc is easy:



You just take your finger and use a little pressure to drag the disc from between the neoprene slot. To replace it, just 'roll' the disc till it sits squarely back in the Hub.



Here's an artistic top-down view of the DiscHub, mostly because I got bored.


In summary, the DiscHub is an altogether super little invention. To quote Mr. Beuller, "If you have the means I highly recommend picking one up."

And if you do wish to pick one up, please click here. Don't worry, I don't get a cut. I just thought that Churn Nation should know about this item.

Your pal,

Mike G.

Posted by Hello

1 comment:

Linds said...

Neat!

That looks like a handy little invention. The only thing I'd be concerned about is the fact that it might allow the discs to gather dust moreso than the traditional jewel case or zip up cd holder.

Still, it's innovative and has a slick, simple design.

When can you send me one? *winks*