Thursday, July 22, 2004

Answering The Call...

As a preface to this entry, let me say that while I had heard of things like this happening, I always dismissed it as either an urban legend, or simply an exaggeration.

Earlier today, I'm enjoying an excellent lunch at Chipotle{chicken and steak tacos, side of rice}. As I get ready to leave, the three refills of water I had decided to...rejoin the water cycle, so to speak.

Sidenote: I don't order beverages when I go out. The markup between the cost of the drink and the price charged can be as high as 600%. I don't mind paying for my food, but unless I can fill up a cooler and take it home, I'll keep my buck-fifty.

So I'm washing my hands in the sink after completing my business, and I hear someone speaking. Seeing noone else, I glance underneath the stalls, and see a pair of shoes surrounded by blue jeans. The voice continues, and it becomes apparent that this gentleman is having a conversation. On. The. Toilet.

So many questions...

Unless the conversation features phrases like 'car wreck', 'positive tests', 'the bomb is under the toilet', there are more appropriate places to make and recieve phone calls.

I doubt whoever was on the other side of that call was aware of the situation. As an experiment, the next time you answer the phone, imagine the caller sitting there without a care in the world.

Gah.

I quickly dried my hands and got out. I did not want to see whoever would do something like that. And on the practical side, I can barely use my cell phone in my apartment. I'm surprised you can even get a signal out of what's essentially a big metal box.

Well, that's my little slice of life.

Take Care,

Mike G.

No comments: