Thursday, May 17, 2007

Film Thoughts...

First off...

Click here, if you please.

Then, skip to about the 1:31 mark.

I don't know if it's some carrot being tossed to the fans just for the trailer, but I approve.

Second, finally got to see Spider-Man 3 today.

I didn't not like it.

I just don't know. There wasn't anything completely bad about the film, but there was this sense that Raimi was trying to pack two movies into one.

And now, Some Questions:

I love Anchorman as much as the next guy, but a re-enactment of the whole 'jazz flute' scene seemed out of place.

I suppose he did it out of some sense of loyalty for the actors and the desire to bring back familiar elements, but why oh why did Raimi bring back the skinny blonde? All she does is provide Peter with baked goods and stumble around. I won't lie, she's pretty cute, but why is she there?

So you're the mentally askew son of a deranged super-villain. You want to fulfill your dead father's dreams of revenge, and have been given the means to do so. Your weapons and gear are finally ready. All that is left is to select a fearsome visage.

You pick a paintball mask.

Okay, fine. An Electric Sliding paintball mask.

Finally, I've read where the budget for this movie was astronomical. I can only guess how much money they had to pay for what must have been the World's Largest Shoehorn for Stan Lee's cameo.

Courage,
Mike G.

1 comment:

Weasel said...

You got to see IT on the big screen? I envy you. (And yes, I approve as well. I hope that's permanent.)

I thought Spidey 3 was good. Granted, it wasn't as good as the first two, but it was still pretty good. I do think the villians were waaaaaaaay underused and truth be told, Venom was a bit of a letdown. He really should have been physically bigger and a lot more menacing, imo. It was nice to see Harry redeem himself towards the end. And I admit I wept when he died. (I'm such a dork, I know.)

I've always thought that Ursula, the skinny blonde, is a bit like a sister Peter never had. She always kinda felt like someone who's there to look after him. Not as a moral compass mind you, but as a sibling. If there's a fourth movie, I hope she comes back. I really do like her for some odd reason.

Stan Lee's cameo was cool. That in and of itself was worth admission. :)

Bring on Spider-Man 4!