Friday, July 22, 2005

Up In The Sky...

Warner Brothers has released the official Superman shield logo that will be hitting screens about a year from now:


Click here for a larger version.

While the purists may have some problems with the design [a bit too rounded at the top] I like it fine. It's also a bit darker than I expected too. Here's a quick comparison with the shield logo used in the current comics:




I think the biggest problem that the producers had is the simple fact that Superman has had a fairly consistent design for about 75 years. Unlike what was done with the X-Men, you can't put Superman in black leather. Here's a publicity shot of Brandon Routh in the new costume:

Courage,
Mike G.
p.s tune in tomorrow for Great American Bash Preview talk.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have more of a problem with the "S" belt buckle and the dark red cape/boots than I do with the logo... although I don't think it should be 3D on his chest. I think it should be smooth and part of the material of the suit.

Just my $0.02

Unknown said...

It gives a sense that the shield was designed as an individual piece. The traditional idea was that the costume was cobbled together from the blankets he had on board with him.