Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Taboo Tuesday Totals

With The WWE's first 'interactive' PPV in the books, I had to guess not only what the WWE bookers would do, but also what the fans would decide.

Winners:

Gene Snitsky:
I can't explain it, but this guy has somehow become a major heel in the Raw roster. While I thought that his final stand would have been at Taboo Tuesday, he surprised me and I suspect a lot of the fans when he destroyed Kane in the 'Choose Your Weapon Match'. I did guess incorrectly at the choice of weapon [chain] but the WWE still used the steel chair at the match's conclusion. Until Kane puts him away for good, he's a permanent member of Team Churn. 61 points.

Eugene:
I admit, I wasn't a fan of this character at first, but the idea of a wrestling savant began to grow on me, and I enjoy his tributes to wrestlers of the past. While this will never happen, I wish that somehow, Eugene would get hit on the head during a match and become 'normal'. Unfortunately, he would forget how to wrestle. He would then have to choose which life to lead. The only question I had about his match with Bischoff was if the fans chose the shaved head or the dress [shaved head won]. 28 points.

Christy and Stacy Keibler:
Both of these Divas saw action at the PPV. Christy faced her nemisis Carmella, and Stacy was in a Diva Battle Royal. In the past, a woman in the WWE had few choices. either she was a manager, valet/girlfriend, or in the rare case, an actual wrestler. Now, the WWE expects every woman to fill all of those roles. For my part, I don't care if 80% of the women in the WWE never wrestle a match. Just come to the ring in something short/flimsy/transparent wave to the folks, and leave. Now, I wouldn't rule out the occasional pudding match. 23 points each.

Carlito Caribbean Cool and Mark Jindrak:
I didn't focus too much on Smackdown because of the RAW PPV, but these two did serve me well. At a million dollars each, both will be Team Churn members for a while. 18 points each.


Losers:

Billy Kidman, Luther Reigns, Tyson Tomko and Val Venis earned a grand total of 6 points. the less said the better.

Here's my roster for this week:


Billy Kidman $2,750,000
Carlito Caribbean Cool $1,000,000

Chris Benoit $5,500,000
Gene Snitsky $1,000,000

Kenzo Suzuki $2,500,000
Luther Reigns $2,500,000
Mark Jindrak $1,000,000

Shelton Benjamin $2,750,000
Tyson Tomko $1,000,000


Take Care Folks,

Mike G.

No comments: