Sunday, March 28, 2004




Been A While....

And I figured there was no better way to get back in the swing of things than with a minor rant on a useless topic.

When South Park really came into its own, it had a real leg up on other comedies. By the time they replaced the construction paper cutouts with virtual ones, they could create an episode in a matter of weeks, rather than months. If I recall correctly, The Simpsons has a lead time of at least 7 months.

But now, something else has come along.

Flash.

Yes, what used to be the domain of those little web games that suck you in- Bookworm, anyone? It's now becoming the new wave of animation outside the computer screen. Shows like Mucha Lucha, This Just In, Home Movies, and such. It even looks line the long awaited Clerks sequel will be in Flash, rather than traditional animation.

Bleah.

I can't quite expalin it, but that style just bothers me. I always think my TV's going to crash, or I'll get some sort of pop-up ad for refinancing my mortgage. And since it's cheaper, you can just bet we'll be seeing more of it.

Maybe I'm overreacting. Hey, at least we can always count on Disney for true animation, right...?

Whoops.

No comments: